IOSH Managing Safely
The most successful Health & Safety course for managers, supervisors in any sector, anywhere in the world
About the IOSH Managing Safely v5.0
The IOSH Managing Safely is one of the market-leading HSE course for managers, supervisors. The course is tried, tested and most trusted. The health and safety course is unlike any other course you may have come across. It’s specifically designed to help supervisors and managers in applying the knowledge at their place of work with confidence and enthusiasm. With our face to face classes, we can offer you the flexibility of delivery and the experience we wish we had.
The IOSH Managing Safely course will enable you to improve the safety culture in your company; more importantly, see the company’s productivity increase while further enhancing the company’s reputation. So, book your course place today and experience the service we wish we had experienced.
Pre-Requisites For This Training
The training is at a general awareness level
Four days of classroom training along with an hour for assessment (including introduction/instruction time of 15 minutes)
Who is the course aimed at?
- Basically, for all individuals currently working and interested in learning the basics foundation of health & safety
- To offer a broader perspective to supervisors and managers of their health and safety responsibilities of all employees in the organisation.
- To enable supervisors and managers to improve the safety culture in their company, more importantly, see the company’s productivity increase while further enhancing the company’s reputation.
- Module One: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module Two: Assessing Risks
- Module Three: Controlling Risks
- Module Four: Understanding Responsibilities
- Module Five: Understanding Hazards
- Module Six: Investigating Incidents
- Module Seven: Measuring Performance
What makes the IOSH Managing Safety training work?
- It is designed for managers, supervisors in any sector, anywhere in the world.
- Delivers the skill and tools necessary to work safely
- The flexibility of delivery and the experience we wish we had
- Internationally recognised qualification and accepted by employers all over the world
- An effective and inexpensive way of learning health and safety with the fundamentals covered in one single programme
- The moral, social and economic reasons
- Meaning and distinctions between health and safety
- The impact law could have on health and safety in the organisation
- Elements of a health and safety management system
- The main principles and practice of Risk Assessment
- Evaluation & Controlling for Risk
- Identify the hazards in the workplace, what would be the potential impact and how to manage the impact
- Investigating incidents – Basic incident investigation procedures
- Purpose of reviewing health and safety performance
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed in two ways:
- All students must complete a standard assessment which is conducted under examination conditions. The evaluation would consist of thirty questions in multiple formats that need to be completed within 45 minutes.
- The assessment has a maximum of sixty marks.
Students are further required to carry out a risk assessment at their workplace using the standard IOSH form. The evaluation should be completed within two weeks of course completion.
|Required marks in each section (minimum)||36/60||23/38|
|Overall marks required (minimum)||60|